Sunday, December 2, 2012

Understanding Research in Practice

       Wow!  It's hard to believe that my capstone is done.  What wonderful experience it was.  One of the greatest things I learned during this experience is how research really effects change in clinical practice which in turn leads to better patient care.  When you take a seminar course about research, you appreaciate all the work that goes into it and the importance it plays in the greater nursing profession.  What was lost on me and many other students, is how research can greatly impact the care of patients.  It doesn't have to be big or ground breaking to positively impact a patient.  Most of our capstone projects were not ground break, all though I'm sure some where, but almost uniformly they helped improve the lives of patients and staff members where they were conducted.  This is something I will carry into my future nursing experience.  Wherever and whatever type of nursing I practice, I will strive to incorporate evidence based nursing and advocating for my fellow nurses. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment