Sunday, December 16, 2012


Now that I have had a few weeks of screenings under my belt, I feel much more comfortable.  Whether I am working in the office on the Ipads or in the field with the children, I believe I am prepared for any situation that may arise.  I can now feel myself pre-planning each visit in my head and seeing potential problems before they appear.  This past week, screenings were being done with the MN students and the flow of the room was beginning to slow down.  I noticed that a few stations were way too close and during a short break I moved the room around slightly and it dramatically helped the flow of students.  I also notice myself assessing each student for hygiene, overall health, and moral.  Instead of the assembly line of weighing and measuring, I see the deeper more intimate side of what we are doing.  There is so much to learn from the brief amount of time we spend with these children.  Cleveland schools still have a ways to go but I have notice great progress from the last few years of my interaction.  I have also notice many things from my colleagues as well.  Mike Koopman is my closest friend from school and many people know him as being very quiet. I, on the other hand, have seen him mature in his performance and even open up with the children.  I hope my maturity has been as apparent as Mike’s.  

No comments:

Post a Comment