Saturday, November 24, 2012

I'm going back home to St. Thomas, USVI

My time at the Otis Moss Jr. Health Center went by very quickly. Overall I must say that I enjoyed my entire experience from waking up in the morning, waiting and catching the health-line bus and making transfers, taking the rapid, and walking in a few blocks in all day drizzling rain was funny. It was nice walking through the neighborhood to see all the similarities and differences of my home town. Our 3 session education classes on diabetes went well and had a great turnout. I had the pleasure of meeting and interacting with an older Cleveland generation. They shared historical information about the Fairfax neighborhood, the city of Cleveland, and Ohio. I really enjoyed hearing the stories of Karamu House, which is the Nations first African American theater.
Now as I sit here looking out my bedroom window I see light snow flurries slowly making it's way to land on the cold ground. Its actually winter! I hope it ends quickly and the temperature rises. I just remind myself of our warm weather, the noise of waves crashing, and the tranquil smell of the beach to keep me warm..:-) I can not forget my my friend, roomy, classmate, little sister, Toia. We had a ball from the beginning until the end. We never had a cold or any flu like symptoms until now. I can not talk, taking NyQuil every 6 hours, rubbing shiling oil (google it) on my skin and she's feeling under the weather...lol It was real, it was fun, signing out from Euclid Ave. One Love - Loni

No comments:

Post a Comment