Sunday, July 8, 2012


My experience thus far at the NYSP camp has been amazing. The children participating at the camp are full of life and will keep you smiling all day. The children participate in numerous sports activities for the five weeks that they are there, which include football, track and field, soccer, volleyball, swimming, dance and many others. I personally got a chance to assist with the children during dance class and I must say it was a blast. Watching the children dance to teach me how to dougie, a hip-hop cultural dance, and Michael Jackson’s beat it choreography was amazing. I never thought they would catch on so fast, but they did and they enjoyed it. The actual teacher for the class is on the Cleveland Cavaliers dance team and they love him. Next week will be totally different since I will be teaching for the remaining of the summer camp. I’m excited to see how it will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment