Friday, August 3, 2012

Time Flew at Camp Ho Mita Koda

    I cannot believe that my capstone experience at Camp Ho Mita Koda has come to an end. It was definitely a bitter sweet moment. I had so much fun being at camp and meeting all of the staff members and the children. They were all wonderful and really made my experience one that I will never forget. From taking care of the children to participating in camp activities, this was an experience that I will talk about for years to come.
 
    While at camp, I learned so much from the medical staff and from the children themselves. I already had prior knowledge about diabetes, but after having the experience that I had at Camp Ho Mita Koda, I am really confident in caring for a person who has been diagnosed with type one diabetes. The children were so open to answering questions and really helped me feel totally comfortable with caring for a person with diabetes. I know that the knowledge that I have gained from this experience will help me in my future endeavors as a practicing nurse.
 
   I am so thankful that I was placed at Camp Ho Mita Koda for my capstone experience. Not only did I gain more knowledge about diabetes, I also was able to practice nursing skills throughout the summer. I am very glad that I got to put these skills to practice and maintain my confidence in applying them. I am certain that everything that I have learned from camp will be very helpful to know throughout my nursing career. I had a great experience at Camp Ho Mita Koda, and would return for another summer of fun and learning without a doubt!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment