Monday, November 28, 2011

My Spartan Experience

 



So this is my first time here in Cleveland. I was so excited to come here due to the thought of working in the Cleveland Clinic and adjusting to a new environment away from my "paradise life". It has been such a big adjustment as far as learning the bus routes (when im so used to having my car), getting away from the party life and the weather. During the first month I got lost trying to find my way to the RTA station (took me an hour and a half, lol). But I finally made it to the mall :).
I remember my first week of intensives. I thought I was going to lose my mind being in class from 8 to 5 everyday for 2 weeks but it turned out to be amazing because my professors were funny, engaging and I learned so much. I especially enjoyed my Health in the Global Community class. Mrs Katia Almaida was such a free-spirited teacher and she always kept my interest. My experience at the Cleveland Clinic was beyond up-lifting. I learned so much from the nurses and doctors. My patients were all wonderful and very inviting. I feel as thought my skills have definitely ventured.
I've met some amazing students from all over, china, ghana, india and canada. I have fallen in love with all of them, especially my nursing companions. They have been hospitable and have shown me such a great time. My first "outting" was the PAINT PARTY during the first week of classes. I had such a great time and got paint in every corner of my body, literally lol. I have went to the Euclid Tavern and performed karaoke, in which I've gotten great compliments for my singing.
Now that the cold weather has set in it has been a big adjustment but my roommate and I always seem to find our way to the mall and restuarants (Applebees and Cheesecake Factory which is my favorite). I am dreading the snow but also looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment