Thursday, July 21, 2011

NYSP :)

As I am finishing up half of my senior year there are a few different things that I can reflect upon. After teaching volleyball and teach nutrition there were a handful of campers that were sad I wasn't coming back next year and this made me happy. There was even a couple of boys and girls who gave me hugs and had me sign their shirts! As a teacher some of the kids did not show as much respect as when I was a volleyball coach so this was discouraging. We had a lot of specials so some of our class times were disrupted and some of the groups were only able to see us and learn about nutrition two or three times.

During this last week and wrapping up the program our group has been working on our final paper and it has been a good way to show our teamwork to each other. We are excited for the camp to be over for the fact we can now concentrate on this paper and the poster that will display all of our work. We are working on analyzing our pre-test and post test to see the differences in scores and hopefully the percentages of right answers, will increase to show we were able to get some information through to at least a couple of campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment