Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today was my last day with the Cleveland Department of Public Health and it is both an exciting and sad. After spending 300 hours with these people I started feeling like part of the family. Before starting this capstone I thought that this was going to be a waste of my summer, but I can honestly say I enjoy my experience. The thing I enjoyed the most was I still was doing nursing duties such as passing medications, discharging patients and counseling patients to put them at ease. I spend most of my time in two sexual transmitted diseases clinic and at health fairs, where I did a lot of teaching.

I am surprised that many people were not fighting over being able to come to this site. The CDPH must be one of the best kept secrets. I would compare this site to clinicals without the stress and running around. After I got the hang of everything all I had to do was sit in an office and wait for my assistance to be needed. Before I did this capstone I would have never thought I would be interested in public health, but now I am considering it.


No comments:

Post a Comment